this is how to optimize a website
- find keyword term – for this page = how to optimize
- the title of your page will be the keyword phrase if it makes sense to the reader
- the title of your page will also be what shows in the google listing – is this attractive – is it a call to action – will it invite people to click on it
- if not first click on url extension – (phrase/tittle of page) and edit it to match a keyword
- put the keyword phrase in the first paragraph as close to the front as possible
- Enter a H tag – a second heading at the top of the article – with keyword phrase (click on paragraph button and chose heading size that works )
- be careful with this, it doesn’t always work – but can I use the key phrase in a second heading further down the blurb – another H tag!
- is there a sensible way to list the keyword phrase in a bullet list?
- can we add a picture and use the keyword phrase?
- use seomofo snippet tool to write a good meta description in the excerpt box.
- put the key phrase at the beginning of the excerpt
- write the keyword phrase as many times as you can in the blurb without it looking weird
- 300 words is recommended minimum length of a page
- if writing a post 1000-2000 words are more likely to be shared
- where possible have links out to external sites – for example pub med >>
- don’t use two keyword phrases on one page
How to optimize – general points
google wants to know that I am an expert and that I have a lot to say and that people listen to it. And here is how I let google know that –
- as an expert I will find ways for my website to point out to lots of really useful and informative content for my readers
- grid page could be a list of links to books and resources with small description
- as an expert I will find others ways for site to link back to me – could be swopping links with friends, find directories, facebook – share in local groups – good if it gets shared by others
- I will have a look at social media and see if there is something I can use
- google loves google – self love!!!!!! add to google maps – think about google advertising……